Highly skilled Gastroenterologists. Compassionate and dedicated. Board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology.These are just a few of the reasons why you can count on the father-and-son team, Samuel Castillo, Sr., M.D., and Samuel F. Castillo, M.D., to deliver excellent care and outcomes. When patients with GI and liver problems need specialty care, both physicians are available to quickly assess patients, manage short-or long-term care and help them regain their health.
Why Choose to See These Specialists?
- Available the same day to treat acute cases and arrange for next-day procedures
- Provide GI and liver-disease consultations, as needed Manage ongoing inpatient care Provide outpatient consultations on campus almost daily
- Manage ongoing inpatient care
- Provide outpatient consultations on campus almost daily
- Focus on a holistic approach to healthcare
- Provide in-office procedures
- Offer accessible office hours
- Fluent in English/Spanish
- Accept all insurance, managed care plans
A Look at Samuel Castillo, Sr., M.D.
- Board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology
- In practice more than 30 years
- Medical degree: Universidad Autonoma de Madrid Facultad de Medicina, Spain
- Residency: Detroit Receiving Hospital/Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
- Fellowship: Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Tufts
- University School of Medicine, Boston and Detroit
- Receiving Hospital/Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit
More about Samuel F. Castillo, M.D.
- Board certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology In practice since 2009
- Medical degree: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Rockford, Ill.
- Internal Medicine Residency: Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn.
- Gastroenterology Fellowship: University of Arizona
- Affiliated Hospitals Phoenix
- Involved in research, published papers
Accessible, efficient, affordable care... when you need it.
At Chicago GI, we know that health concerns don’t follow a clock or a calendar. The fact is, many medical problems are time-sensitive... and often urgent. Which is why we provide not just quality care but also get you in fast and care for all your needs quickly and efficiently. In fact, we are committed to making our many services immediately available, from routine and specialty care to urgent situations.
- Convenient location
- Same-day appointments
- Open Monday through Saturday
- Extended hours
- No weeks-long wait to see a specialist
- Fast, efficient & responsive
- Experienced, professional, knowledgeable staff
- Convenient payment options & affordability
- Competitive fees
- All Insurance accepted (HMO, PPO, Medicare)
- Visa, MasterCard & American Express cards welcome
Endoscopic Procedures Performed at St. Mary of Nazareth Hospital